Friday, April 10, 2009

THE RESURRECTION (1) - GOD IN MOTION

God In Motion - Moving On.

Blessed Good Friday!!! This blog is the continuation of the book I wrote in the year 2002 called ‘A Song In the Night ’- My Love Story. re: http://www.kbchan.net/. In this blog I wish to share some of my thoughts and experiences all through the years walking with God and I believe we can glean some spiritual truth from it.

Being saved in 1987, I started to serve God in 1989 and did some travelling around the country visiting small churches in the East Coast of Malaysia and around our capital city of Kuala Lumpur.

When I left my bank job in 1992 to serve the Lord full time, I had written and released three worship albums. Energized by the passion for Christ, I travelled around the country in my van and with my keyboard to live out God’s calling in my life. Doors were opened to me to even go overseas to minister and I thought God had big plans to use me mightily.

And suddenly in 1994, God took me to the back part of the desert when my kidneys failed and I had to start dialysis. Those were the years of lonely wilderness experience where God began to empty me. God started to take away and put thorns at my side to put me through His consuming fire of preparation and purification. My rebellion and stubbornness melted like wax in His presence and I was like a dried sponge soaking up every drop of teaching and dealing from the Holy Spirit, yielding in obedience.

Some said that it is the end of ministry for KB or even his life. While others said we will not see him anymore. And at the same time my kidneys grew bigger and larger, threatening my life after nine years of dialysis. I suffered from a disease called Polycystic Kidneys where cysts grow all over my kidneys.

All these time I have no knowledge that God is in motion for His greater plans for my good (Rom. 8:28) It is not my plan but I have no choice, but to move on. I know He is a good God and He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me. I know I may not feel comfortable at the moment, I trusted Him and by faith I know that it will be for my good, although I could hear the sound of voices from a distance, ‘crucify Him, crucify Him’.

Exodus 40:36, ‘Whenever the cloud was taken up from above the tabernacle, the children of Israel would go onward in all their journeys’. God is moving!!! If I had disobeyed and dwell in bitterness and self pity, it would have been the end of everything.

My passion and love for Jesus were still intact. In fact I overcame my disadvantages and even began to minister to the dialysis patients in the hospital and brought many to the Lord and found peace and fulfillment in my soul. Praise the Lord!!!

It was also in these turbulent and struggling times that the Holy Spirit began to give me deeper songs to write and inspired me to write a book called ‘A Song In the Night’.
Out of Babylon had come a song, out of the broken alabaster jar, came sweet perfume that rose to the heavenly throne of God as 'deep calls unto deep'. (Psalm 42:7)

I have cried buckets of tears for my healing. And each time I would go to the music keyboard to worship Jesus and encourage myself, new songs would begin to come.
I was like :



THE LITTLE BIRD

A little Bird I am
Shut from the fields of the air
And in my cage I sit and sing
To Him who place me there
Well pleased a prisoner to be
Because, my God, it pleaseth Thee

My cage confines me around
Abroad I cannot fly
But though my wing is closely bound
My soul is at liberty
For prison walls cannot control
The flight, the freedom of the soul!!!

Listen to the song 'A Song In the Night.' @
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3550400&q=lo
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3550400&q=hi



Next……… Candle In the Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment