Friday, April 17, 2009

THE RESURRECTION (4) - BEARING FRUITS

Bearing Fruits


Rom.7:4, ‘Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruits to God.’

John15:16, ‘You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain…’


In order that we can transform people, we have to be transformed first. That’s the reason God puts us through testing and trials in our lives and gives us the grace to overcome, so that we will be a witness, to bear fruits for God and ourselves, fruits that shall last forever. ‘And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony and they did not love their lives to the death.’ (Rev.12:11)

‘Now that my stomach has so much space,’ I was thinking, ‘Why not I go for a transplant?’, so that I can be set free to travel the world; that has been the longing in my heart. But every time I arranged for a transplant it would always end up unsuccessful. And God did not give me the finance to do so. God has other plans.

God spoke in His still small voice, ‘KB, I did not heal your kidneys because you will be more effective serving me this way. I want you to be a trophy of my love, grace, mercy and strength, and wherever you go, My name will be glorified.’ I could have been another worship leader, another preacher. But now people started to call me, ‘The Pastor without kidneys’. Even the newspapers published my stories. (www.kbchan.net)

After the release of the CDs, ‘A Song In the Night’ and ‘Intimacy-a worship experience’ and my book, invitations began to come in to invite me to share my testimony and sing my songs, and it had touch a lot of people. My traveling ministry, once thought to be dead, has been restored. I could even do more for God than when I was well. Hallelujah!!!

I traveled across the country and visited East Malaysia and Singapore and ministered in churches, camps and concerts. I would do my dialysis whenever I needed one, in the place where I would minister. I would even carry my keyboard along with me. Although my flesh was weak my spirit was willing and His grace was sufficient for me.

The tears that I had cried through the years, dripping on the keyboard as I composed those songs, became living water to the souls of those people who had listened and touched by my songs. The pains that I had endured thru my ‘Baptism of Fire’ became fresh bread of experiences for their hungry souls. My albums were accepted at home and abroad. God resurrected my ministry. Glory to His name!!!

Fruits of My Sufferings -A Curse Has Become a Blessing

The pair of kidneys that’s supposed to kill me is glorifying the Lord everywhere I went. What people thought to be a curse has become a blessing. My suffering has begun to bear fruits for God, bringing harvest of souls and encouragement to the body of Christ. I would show them the picture of my kidneys while ministering and their faith will be lifted up to know that this man is still alive.

Just like Samson in the book of Judges, he found honey in the carcass of a dead lion. The lion is supposed to steal, kill and destroy (the devil) but if you can overcome it, you will find refreshment and nourishment from the sweetness of victory over the devil. Judges. 14:14, ‘Out of the eater, something to eat, out of the strong something sweet.’

Personally, there was a strengthening of my faith. Someone wrote to me and said that all these years of suffering had damaged my faith. I said no!!!. I have moved from glory to glory. I came closer to God, trusting and waiting on Him. Hab. 2:4, ‘the just shall live by faith. Heb. 11:6, ‘Without faith it is impossible to please God.’ My doctor once told me, ‘Mr. Chan you are without kidneys and you have been a dialysis patient for so long. Anything can happen to you anytime. And I said, ‘Praise the Lord.’ Faith’s cutting edge is like living on the edges of a knife, anytime you can get cut. Hallelujah!!!

There was a purification and regeneration of my soul as I began to surrender to His will totally and as He started to put me in the furnace of His refiner’s fire, the Baptism of fire and through the hard knocks in my life. God helped me mature as He developed my Christian character and my soul prospered.

There was more brokenness in my life and worship to God. I was feeling helpless and hopeless, humble and meek before the Lord. Psalm 34:18,’The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in the spirit. Brokenness is a quality in worship and it had brought me closer to God. The depths of suffering, brought spurts of inspiration to write songs, like King David in the Adullam caves.

I accomplished greater works for the Lord than when I was well. I had many souls saved. My whole family were saved, friends, colleagues, patients in the dialysis clinic were brought to the Lord. Even in my morning walks, God gave me the grace to bring people to Him by sharing my testimony. People really need the Lord. I could even visit the sick in the hospital when I was not on dialysis.

I became an overcomer. I could have been bedridden, feeling self pity or backslidden but God’s grace helped me not to give up and resurrected my life and ministry.
Rev.2:7, ‘To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life which is in paradise.’

God had turned my curses of sickness into blessings both for His people and me to the Glory and Honor of God the object of our worship.

International Fruits

Rom.9:17, ‘For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you., and that My name may be declared in all the earth.’


God is on the move again. This time God went a step further and brought my ministries to the four corners of the world. This little bird whose body is being entrapped in the cage, could now bring its singing across the nations of the world. God has given this little bird extra-ordinary spiritual loudspeakers and amplifiers for the world to enjoy its singing.
God finally has given me such creative freedom to my spirit and soul to roam even though my body cannot travel abroad.

By divine appointment in 2006, I got an opportunity to stream my songs in one of the hottest internet radio stations in the world in the USA. (http://www.soundclick.com/) Within two months of streaming, one of my songs, ‘Daddy You’re My Hero’, which I took half an hour to write, became a number one song on the Christian Contemporary and Pop charts on Father’s Day. I received more than three thousand hits everyday all over the world. I never looked back since. At present my number one hits stand at eleven. Go to my site www.soundclick.com/kbchan and click ‘comment’ to see those words of encouragement and testimonies for my songs. Things I have done in my room have gone to the nations. Today I can write and record a song and tomorrow it will be flashed across the world through the internet. That’s what the bible means, that greater things we can do for Him when Jesus is with the Father.

At the same time I also set up my own webpage (http://www.kbchan.net/) where my testimonies, videos, book and my pair of kidneys have bless many people.

In December 2008, I had the privilege of working with Lifeline International Ministries. I was interviewed on a talk show with none other than Rev Margaret and Vernon Falls. I shared my testimony and song on the show. This video including my kidneys will be shown throughout the six continents of the world. Hallelujah!!! (will let you view it when it is ready)

God says, ‘In His time He will make all things beautiful.’(Eccl.3:11) You may feel you are not going anywhere. You may even feel uncomfortable or suffering. Wait!!! Wait on the Lord, His words shall come to pass and shall not return void.

This period of waiting is very important to God, The Master Craftsman. In the metamorphosis of a butterfly, it is the waiting in the cocoon stage, that the caterpillar develops its unique characters and colors. If you take the butterfly out before its time, it will die. And in the fullness of time when the butterfly is revealed it becomes a beautiful perfect creature as God destined it to be.


God had successfully brought the fruits of my spirit and soul to the highest level although I had to drag my physical body along. It was moving in the other direction. It is a real hindrance and a struggle at times, but as long as I can accomplish God’s will, the flesh has to be put down, dying to the flesh, so to say. This is faith!!!


click on the hokkien song 'The Joy of the Lord'

www.soundclick.com/kbchan


Next………..A living Sacrifice

No comments:

Post a Comment