Sunday, April 12, 2009

THE RESURRECTION (3) - THE CRUCIFIXION

The Crucifixion

Mark 8:34, ‘Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.’

After I surrendered myself and my situation to my Father in heaven, God began to open doors for me. Some people from my church heard of my condition and contacted me to let me know that there is a famous Urologist in the Penang General Hospital, who could help me and he is our church member.

After seeing this Urologist, he assured me with confidence that he would remove both kidneys for me. He is a man of God, and I believe he had heard from God and wanted to help me continue the work of the Lord. Praise the Lord!!! And within weeks I was on the operating table, living out what I described as my crucifixion. Other doctors whom I had seen before had warned the Urologist that it would be a highly risky job but he was willing to continue.

The Lord showed me Psalm 22 describing the prophetic psalm of Christ’s Crucifixion after my operation. There were many ‘good' doctors who surrounded me during the operation. I had a glimpse of all the doctors and nurses raring for action before I passed out on the operating table.

But in my spirit, I saw what had been described in Psalm 22:12-13, ‘Many bulls have surrounded Me; Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me. They gape at Me with their mouths, like a raging and roaring lion.’

Just like the unruly and angry Roman soldiers and the Jewish High Priests and people surrounding Jesus, whipping Him, mocking, cursing and tormenting Him. I could imagine the knives and medical instruments use to tear my body apart to reach into my stomach to dig out the kidneys. I compared them to the teeth of the roaring lion and the sharp horns of the raging bulls digging deep into my sides.

Psalm 22:16, ‘For dogs have surrounded me; the congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and my feet.’ These described Jesus’ crown of thorns and the nails on His hands and feet. You should have seen the large butterfly needles that were pierced all over my body for pushing medicines into my veins for the operation.

Psalm 22:17, ‘…They look (gloat) and stare at me.’ The doctors were training their eyes over my broken (torn) body. My wife was waiting outside the operation room. Suddenly she saw a lot of nurses and doctors rushing into the operation room. My wife thought that I had gone to heaven. My doctor later told her that the nurses and doctors wanted to have a look at the large kidneys (10kg) they had not seen before. One doctor wanted to do a thesis on it.


Psalm 22:22, ‘I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.’ Glory to the Lord, I will forever praised Him. It took the doctors five and a half hours to take out that pair of kidneys and I did not even have a transfusion of blood into my body. The doctor had prepared six pints of blood for me. I only paid RM300 for the stay and operation at the hospital compared to the thousands that I would have been charged in the private hospital. Praise the Lord!!! It is a miracle!!! God heard my prayers. That was in 7th July 2003. (you can see that pair of kidneys at my site www.kbchan.net)

I stayed in the hospital for a week, I was depressed for three days when I saw my sunken stomach and I had lost a lot of weight. I thought I would not recover and I would die like most of the dialysis patients who went through a major operation. In my depressed state, I had a fleeting thought of jumping out of the window, but it was on the 2nd floor, not high enough to kill me. I wanted to go to the fourth floor but I could not walk. Hallelujah!!!

On the evening of the third day, a friend dropped by and told me how miraculous the operation was and began to pray for me and encourage me. Immediately I was filled with the Spirit of restoration and I was convicted that it was indeed a great miracle from the Lord. JESUS IS ALIVE.

That night I started to see visions on the walls of the hospital about my future calling and songs began to come to me all through the night. I was filled with the Holy Spirit and many songs were written on the hospital bed itself. I wrote ten songs during the intimate times with God, and as I recouperated I completed an album called ‘Intimacy – A Worship Experience.’ That was the beginning of my restoration and resurrection!!! Amen.


Listen to the song 'Kam Siah Kam Siah Choo' (Thank You God) @

www.soundclick.com/kbchan




next………Bearing Fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment